Recently, I stumbled on a pretty hilarious post on Babble – they created the top 10 list of online parenting brags that basically incite rage in all of us. I felt like they hit on some of the most egregious offenses but not all of them. Am I alone – have you ever logged onto Facebook and seen what someone has posted about their kid or parenting and found yourself about ready to hurl electronics or dishes, at the wall?
Maybe I have issues. But sometimes, get me when I am cranky and sleep deprived enough, say just the wrong thing – and forget it – all bets are off. I don’t think the offenders are just on Facebook, I’ve seen it also on mom forums or listservs. So, here are WM’s very own list of parenting brags that I think Babble totally missed:
1. Why can’t my kids ever sleep until 8AM?
Ummm..really….THAT is what you are complaining about? Cause I’ve been trying to get my 3-year-old to sleep past 4:30am since September 1. When parents complain about how long their kid sleeps…hopefully they realize that if their kid gets to 6am, then that is a miracle and there’s nothing to complain about. EVER. Right? Am I alone here?
2. I can’t believe it, she just totally potty trained herself!
3. I lost weight in the first half of my pregnancy.
4. I’m giving away all my maternity clothes, they’re all extra-small.
5. I just couldn’t keep the weight on when I was nursing him. It was so hard.
Really? It was so hard to be super skinny weeks after giving birth? #firstworldobnoxiousproblem
6. I couldn’t believe Frannie wouldn’t eat the salmon I made for dinner! I was so surprised!
Why don’t you come over. Some days my children look at me like a plate of pasta is a dish of boiled brains I’ve just whipped up.
7. I’d like to think my attentive parenting is the reason Annie never throws a tantrum.
Sure. Of course it is.
8. Little Sarah is just so advanced. Of course, we read to her every night, play puzzles and never let her watch TV.
Right. Good for you. I use the TV as a co-parent when my husband travels.
What did I miss friends? I mean – parents complaining about children waking “too early” really tops my list. On Thursday, I will be giving thanks if my kids let me sleep past 5:30AM and will eat a few things on the Thanksgiving table without complaining about it. You?
For more fun and frolic, don’t forget to “Like” the Wired Momma Facebook Page!