First of all….I feel terrible that I’ve had no time to blog this week. No need to remind this crew that summer time presents all sorts of time challenges – I hope you’ll bear with me and perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder?
With that….on the heels of the super popular ticket give-away for the Sarah McLachlan concert at Merriweather Post Pavilion next month….today I have a pretty sweet give away for anyone who might have dragon fans in their house. Next month, Dreamworks’ How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular will be at the Verizon Center from July 19-22 and I’ve got a family four pack to give-away to one family – for the opening performance on July 19 at 7pm!
Regular Ticket prices range from a low of $29.50 to a high of $69.50 (excluding fees). A limited number of premium seats and special VIP ticket experiences and family packages are also available. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets, for showtimes and much more. There are three amazing VIP packages as well. CLICK HERE for details on how to meet the dragons as well as other VIP opportunities!
In the event that you don’t win this family four-pack of tickets, here is the extra 25% off discount code: SAVE 25% on weekday performances (including Friday nights) by entering the code MOM in the ticketmaster promo box. Get great seats for a big discount! (This code is valid nationwide as tickets go on sale, although you may need to enter the code in the general promo box if there is no “mommy blog” box!)
If you’re anything like moi, you’ve been wondering how in the world they have 23 live dragons in the Verizon Center or really anywhere. So, fret not, I’m including an abundance of information from the press release below and honestly, the “FUN FACTS” included below are really fascinating, so it’s worth a scroll down if you’re as curious as moi. In the event that you’re wanting me to cut to the chase, to enter the family four-pack give away – just “Like” the Wired Momma Facebook page and either like my post on that page about this give-away or leave a comment. The winner will be selected on Friday June 29. Here’s all the details on the show:
This summer, audiences across North America will experience the magic of firebreathing dragons that soar through arena skies in DREAMWORKS’ HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR. The tour will be produced by RZO Dragon Productions to deliver 23 dragons, some with wingspans of up to 46 feet, Viking warriors and world-class circus artists and acrobats, to perform against a state-of-the-art, wall-to-floor immersive projection measuring more than 20,000 square feet. The show comes to the North America on the heels of smash hit run in Australia & New Zealand.
The live production rolls fire-breathing action, epic adventure and heartfelt laughter into an original captivating story set in the mythical world of Vikings and wild dragons. Based on the book by Cressida Cowell, it centers on Hiccup, a Viking teenager who doesn’t fit in with his tribe’s longstanding tradition of heroic dragon slayers. Hiccup’s world is turned upside down when he encounters a dragon that challenges him and his fellow Vikings to see the world from an entirely different point of view. The story presents a vision so grand in scale that only DreamWorks Animation and Global Creatures could bring How to Train Your Dragon to life in front of a live audience.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR breaks every rule of theatrical entertainment to fully immerse audiences into the show in ways that have not been attempted before. Barely contained within the arena, HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR utilizes the full venue, maximizing every dimension of the performance space to transport audiences into a mythical world of fire-breathing dragons who soar overhead at great speeds. The state-of-the-art animatronic technology and large-scale cinematic projections interact seamlessly with the live actors, who bring DreamWorks Animation’s heart-warming story to life through theatrical storytelling, martial arts and acrobatics. It’s not to be missed!
THE MOST TECHNICALLY ADVANCED TOUR INTEGRATING ANIMATRONICS, PROJECTIONS, LIVE CAST AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES.
• Global Creatures & DreamWorks have partnered to bring the Academy-Award® nominated film to life with real flying, fire-breathing dragons.
• The production is four years in the making.
• The production has the largest number of animatronics ever to tour the globe.
• The Red Death Dragon is the largest animatronic ever built by Creature Technology Company at over 40 feet high and 60 feet wide.
HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON LIVE SPECTACULAR IS THE LARGEST FAMILY TOUR EVER PRODUCED!
• Travels in over 30 18-Wheeler Trucks (52’ each) with a touring cast & crew of 85.
• Together the show weighs over 200,000 pounds.
• It would take one person over a year to load in the production.
• Takes over 160 people to set up the production in each city (the equivalent of one person working 24 hours over 70 days).
• If all the cables in the production were laid out end to end, they would stretch from Los Angeles to New York City.
DRAGONS TAKE TO THE SKY WITH GROUND-BREAKING TECHNOLOGY!
• The production created the first-ever touring flight track system that weighs over 28 tons.
• The flight track uses a proprietary barcode system. The creatures scan a barcode strip as they fly around the track which tells them (and us) where they are at all times.
• Toothless weighs over 7,500 pounds and flies over 1.2 miles throughout the performance which is equivalent to a Range Rover soaring through the arena.
• There are more automation cues in the opening sequence alone than a Broadway musical has in a night.
• The first-ever fully immersive live experience with projection spanning more than 20,000 square feet throughout the entire arena. The back projection wall is equivalent to 9 movie screens combined.
THE DRAGON FACTS & FIGURES.
• Produced over a two-year period in Melbourne, Australia
• 23 Dragons
• 12 Different Dragon Species Represented
• Dragon wings span up to 46ft
• Each large dragon weighs over 2.6 tons (the size of a family car)
• Over 2 miles of “Dragon Skin” was created
Enter to win by going to the Wired Momma Facebook page, liking it and posting a comment! Winner will be picked next Friday, June 29.